Mike joined the Manchester office of Begbies Traynor in 2011, the parent company of RBR Advisory. As a highly-distinguished specialist in the field of forensic accounting and forensic technology, Mike has a strong track record of solving financial misconduct and employee fraud cases.
Regularly advising UK police forces and the UK Home Office Border Agency, Mike is a panel member of the UK National Crime Agency (NCA) database of forensic accountants. He is also accredited by the ICAEW as a forensic accountant, a chartered certified accountant, and a fellow of the ACCA.
Mike has carried out a variety of investigative assignments throughout his career spanning across over 25 years, including the following:
- Investigation of Insolvency Act Offences
- Investigation of Theft Act Offences
- Financial investigation including gathering evidence of possible employee fraud and theft and quantifying losses
- Company Director Disqualification Proceedings
- Fraudulent trading, wrongful trading and misfeasance actions
- Asset tracing and recovery
- Interview and document-based investigations
- Quantification of claims arising out of personal injury and clinical negligence
- Assessment of loss of profit as a result of business interruption, breach of contract and product liability claims
- Private company valuations
Previous experience involves training as a forensic accountant for over 2 years at a national forensic accountancy firm. In 2005, Mike took up the role of forensic manager at RSM Tenon, now RSM, working on a number of cases across a variety of industries. He now undertakes a similar role at Begbies Traynor and RBR Advisory.