0800 644 6080
Call FREE from Landline and Mobile
Est. 1989

Options when you cannot pay CCJ fees

Affected by Covid-19? Immediate Rescue Or Closure Options Available

FAST Free Director Advice & Support, With 78 offices Nationwide our Licensed Insolvency Practitioners can Help Today.

Updated: 28th March 2020

I can't afford to pay CCJ court fees

It’s a challenging situation when your business is in financial difficulty and a creditor applies for a County Court Judgment (CCJ) against you, but when you can’t afford to pay the court fees the problem is further compounded. If you choose to dispute the debt in question you can apply to have it ‘set aside’ by the court, but the application may attract a fee of £255.

If you don’t have a legitimate reason to challenge the creditor’s application, and the court issues a CCJ, it can severely impact your business’ reputation and ability to secure borrowing in the future.

What are CCJ court fees?

When a creditor applies to the court to obtain a County Court Judgment for non-payment of a debt, various fees may apply that can worsen a challenging financial position to the point where the business has to close.

If you want to apply for the CCJ to be set aside, the application involves a court fee. In certain cases you may also have to pay some or all of your creditor’s court fees – if you’ve deliberately taken no action in relation to their letter of claim, for example.

It’s good to know there are ways of boosting your working capital or restructuring your business finances that allow you to pay court fees and escape further sanctions when you think there’s no hope, however.

What should I do if I can’t pay my CCJ court fees?

The first step is to seek advice from a licensed insolvency professional, who can assess the situation and formulate a plan that allows you to meet your liability for CCJ court fees. Licensed IPs focus on business rescue rather than closure and there may be a relatively simple solution to your problems.

If additional funding is the answer you may meet the eligibility requirements for a range of alternative finance options that could help, including invoice finance that provides regular cash injections each month.

Your business may also be eligible for other procedures that could help you pay your County Court Judgment court fees, including formal solutions if the business is approaching insolvency.

For more information about your options if you can’t pay CCJ court fees, or indeed any other insolvency or debt related issue, call our team of experts at Real Business Rescue. We have a wide network of offices around the country, and offer free same-day consultations so you’re never far away from independent professional advice.

Jonathan Munnery


0800 644 6080
Director Support - Business suffering from Cash-Flow Problems?
If your company is financially distressed, we also offer the below services:
Business debt recovery

  • Recover Unpaid Invoices of £5k+
  • Expert Credit Control Services
  • Stop Late Payers & Bad Debts
Visit Site
Time to pay experts

  • Get Breathing Space with HMRC
  • Support with Business Tax Arrears
  • 35 Years HMRC Negotiation
Visit Site
UK Business Finance

  • Rejected for a CBILS Loan?
  • Get Emergency Business Funding
  • Supporting 1000+ UK Companies
Visit Site
Who we help
  • Company Directors
  • Finance Directors
  • Sole Traders
  • Accountants
  • Small Businesses
  • Large Businesses
  • Partnerships
Contact our team
Jonathan Munnery
Gillian Sayburn
Julie Palmer
or Find your Nearest Office

Here at Real Business Rescue we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to contact you with regards to your enquiry. We will not use your information for marketing purposes. See PRIVACY POLICY

Business Rescue Advice for Directors
Free Guide for Limited Company Directors
Business Rescue Advice for Directors
  • How to manage company cash flow problems
  • Advice on dealing with HMRC
  • Understanding rescue and closure options
  • And much more...
Free Guide Download
Desling with your Insolvent Clients
Business Rescue Guide for Accountants
Dealing with your Insolvent Clients
  • Helping you advise insolvent clients
  • Spotting signs of client distress
  • Exploring business rescue options
  • And much more...
Free Guide Download
Our numbers speak for themselves
Number of UK Offices
Directors Helped
Licensed Insolvency Practitioners