Understand your company's position and learn more about the options available
Beware of Unqualified Advice
- Close Company With Debts
- No.1 For Liquidations
- Stop HMRC / Creditor Pressure
- 25,000+ Directors Helped
- Immediate Advice Available
- Insolvency Practitioners
The importance of using a licensed insolvency practitioner when your company is in financial difficulty
Unqualified advice continues to plague the corporate insolvency industry which is why company directors must be on-guard and seek qualified and reputable advice from licensed insolvency practitioners.
Take Our Free 60 Second Test
Get an instant understanding of your:
- Debt and Asset Position
- Formal Insolvency Options
- Next steps
Plus much more ...Start The 60 Second Test
In recent years, we’ve seen unfortunate growth in the number of rogue advisers – particularly online – who often purport to be regulated firms with licensed IPs but are often merely lead generation websites that demand upfront fees and act as middlemen before passing your enquiry onto rogue ‘advisory’ firms with no reputation or regulation.
Our approach couldn’t be more different. We act as standard-bearers for the corporate insolvency industry with 80 licensed insolvency practitioners across the country handling more corporate insolvency appointments in 2020 than any other firm.
UK’s number one for director advice
We handle more corporate insolvency appointments than any other UK firm; demonstrating our commitment to helping directors and business owners in financial distress.
The team are available now - 0800 644 6080
In many cases, we advise directors who have become exasperated by their experience with such advisers. Many of these concerns are common themes and act as a huge warning sign of a rogue, unlicensed or untrustworthy corporate insolvency firm.
- Charging up-front fees before any work has been carried out
- Charging up-front fees by a middleman who then passes you to an insolvency practitioner
- Over billing for ‘time spent’ which doesn’t represent the amount of work carried out
- Exuberant promises that debts would be written off without even understanding my company’s level of debts or whether debts were personally guaranteed
- Pushiness on the phone towards a particular service when other services would be more beneficial
- Poor or no communication after a fee had been paid
- Failure to explain the chosen process, e.g. Creditors’ Voluntary Liquidation, clearly
- Creditors still hounding you, despite being under the protection of a formal insolvency solution, which your practitioner should have contacted them about
- Unhelpful about redundancies and how it would affect your workforce
- The process seemed very slow and/or the adviser did not return your calls
Need to speak to someone?
If your company is struggling with unmanageable debts, squeezed cash flow, or an uncertain future, you are far from alone. We speak to company directors just like you every single day, and we are here to give you the help and advice you need.
Call our team today on 0800 644 6080
If any of these strike a chord with you from your experience with a ‘corporate insolvency adviser’, we would urge you to speak with one of our licensed insolvency practitioners today. We offer a free initial consultation to all directors and can advise on a range of corporate solutions including HMRC arrears, winding up petitions, statutory demands, cash flow problems, finance options and more.
Further Reading on Beware of Unqualified Advice
Real Business Rescue are here to help
Still unsure whether liquidation is right for your company? Don't worry, the experts at Real Business Rescue are here to help. Our licensed insolvency practitioners will take the time to understand the problems your company is facing before recommending the best course of action going forward based on your own unique circumstances.
- UK’s Largest Liquidators
- 100+ Offices Nationwide
- 100% Confidential Advice
- Supported 25,000+ Directors
Looking for immediate support?
Complete the below to get in touch
We provide free confidential advice with absolutely no obligation.
Our expert and non-judgemental team are ready to assist directors and stakeholders today.